Veterinarian Services in Midlothian, VA
As your pet's full-service veterinarian in Midlothian, we're your pet's one stop shop for medical care, emergency treatment, and preventative care. Below are some of the most important services we offer to pets.
Preventative Services From Your Midlothian Veterinarian
- Wellness exams. Annual wellness exams help us catch medical problems in their early stages. During wellness exams, we'll check your pet's heartbeat, breathing and other systems of the body. We recommend that pet owners bring in their pets for a wellness exam at least once annually.
- Dental care. We can examine your pet's teeth, remove plaque and fill cavities. Regular dental care helps prevent dental disease and infection.
- Vaccinations. We offer pet vaccinations to help your pet maintain immunity to common illnesses and diseases.
- Spaying and neutering. We spay and neuter pets to prevent unwanted pet pregnancies and reduce your pet's risk of certain diseases of the reproductive system.
- Heartworm, flea and tick prevention. Heartworms, fleas, and ticks can spread diseases and illnesses. We provide medications that can help prevent these parasites from infecting your pet.
After appointments stop for the day, we continue to offer urgent care all night long for pets having medical emergencies or experiencing serious injuries. We can provide emergency animal surgery, stitches, X-rays and diagnostic services to help your pet get treatment during an emergency.
Other Medical Services
In addition to preventative care and emergency services, we provide a range of other medical services to help your pet stay healthy and recover from illnesses.
- Diagnostic care. We'll diagnose your pet's medical conditions so he or she can get the medical treatment necessary to recover from an injury or illness.
- Microchip implants. Microchip implantations can help reunite pets with their families in the event that they become lost.
- Orthopedics. We'll help your pet manage musculoskeletal problems, broken bones and other injuries relating to bones and muscles of the body.
- Laser veterinary surgery. Laser veterinary surgery can help pets suffering from diseases and injuries.
- Feline declaw. Declawing services for cats can help protect your family members and your furniture from destructive cat claws.
- Therapeutic laser treatment. Pets suffering from chronic conditions and painful injuries often benefit from therapeutic laser treatment. Laser therapy is a natural form of pain management that can help improve the quality of life for your pet.
- Senior pet care. Senior pets need special care in the final years of their life. Our senior pet care can help your pet maintain a good quality of life even as he or she ages.
Contact Your Pet's Veterinarian in Midlothian
As your pet's 24 hour vet in Midlothian, we can help your pet get the care he or she needs to stay healthy! As a full-service veterinary clinic, we can take care of your pet from birth through the end of life. To make an appointment with your Midlothian veterinarian or a vet in the Richmond metro area, contact Animal Medical Center.